.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Nasu dengaku


This was my lunch today. It was violently storming, rain shaking the house, wind threatening to lift the roof...and I wanted something hot, filling and smoky.
I have eggplant, I have a deep fryer and I have miso...albeit elderly miso from A's fridge! (doesn't Elderly Miso sound like a friend of Mr Miyagi...)
The recipe for the Dengaku sauce took me all of 30 seconds to find on Google. It worked really well...a little sweeter than at my favourite Japanese restaurant, but still excellent. Definitely will make this again!


Nasu Dengaku
1 eggplant
2 Tbs miso paste
2 Tbs mirin
2 Tbs sake
2 Tbs sugar

Preheat deep fryer to 190c.
Mix sauce ingredients together.
Eggplant should take 5 minutes to cook, at most. Mine was probably cooked a little too much.
Drain well - absorbent paper helps here!
Spoon sauce.
Eat in front of the open fire watching rain come down like somebody was throwing buckets of water at the windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home