.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Monday, February 21, 2005

Is My Blog Taboo? IMBB12



Due to lower than usual numbers, Carlo over at My Latest Supper has extended the submission date until about Thursday for the latest Is My Blog Burning theme. So, this is your chance - go on! Write about something you really hate, or something you hate but are willing to try again just to see if your taste buds have had a turnover, or if it's just as revolting as you remembered it.
Alternatively, write about something that you enjoy eating that others would find disgusting (I'm thinking of some of the Scandinavian food bloggers here....your lovely picked fish dishes, perhaps?)
Or, you could just join in with what seems to be a theme for this round of IMBB...three entries (including my own, Alberto at Il Forno and Sam at Becks and Posh ) have featured Marmite or Vegemite....maybe now's your chance to finally give it a try. Perhaps you can weigh into the debate of which is better (or worse!) - Vegemite or Marmite? I'm sure Sam and I would love to instruct you on the finer points of optimum Marmite/Vegemite ratio to bread and butter!
Go on - be game. And send your entry off to Carlo; he's ready and waiting.

7 Comments:

  • Oh.. I wasn't going to participate, and I was kind of happy when I realised Saturday had come and left - but ok! Ok! I'll do it! Definitely NOT stinky fish though - it's not the right season for it, but goodness knows I'd never go near it anyway. I won't reveal what I'll be making just yet, but it's disgusting, American, unhealthy and DEFINITELY not something any Swede in their right mind would eat.

    By Blogger Anne, at 2/22/2005 12:16:00 am  

  • Good on you! I'll be looking forward to reading about it. It doesn't involve marshmallow fluff, jello crystals, grape jelly and instant pudding by any chance does it??;-)

    By Blogger Niki, at 2/22/2005 12:21:00 am  

  • Or Cool Whip?? (whatever on earth that is! Can somebody enlighten me?)

    By Blogger Niki, at 2/22/2005 12:22:00 am  

  • After I'd written my marmite post I ended up chasing Fred around our appt with a piece of toast & marmite.
    He was really confused about why I was being so forceful this weekend when I know how much he detests it. All sorts of anti-marmite expletives were heard escaping from his mouth. I probably shouldnt publish them here.

    By Blogger Sam, at 2/22/2005 03:00:00 am  

  • disgusting, American, unhealthy and DEFINITELY not something any Swede in their right mind would eat.

    I'm a little frightened.

    Cool Whip is a fake whipped cream type product made with oil.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2005 08:37:00 am  

  • disgusting, American, unhealthy and DEFINITELY not something any Swede in their right mind would eat.

    I'm a little frightened.

    Cool Whip is a fake whipped cream type product made with oil.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2005 08:37:00 am  

  • Niki! If I HAD done IMBB12, my subject was going to be Marmite or Vegemite! It's so funny that so many people had the same thought. Hmmm....there happen to be a few things I've never tried that gross me out to look at- maybe I'll have to do it after all. Thanks for the 'heads up'!

    Anne: I can't wait to hear about what American dish you've made!

    Moira

    P.S. Ronald's changed the photo contest at IMBB? to a judges panel due to ballot box stuffing, so I think all of the votes so far will be disregarded. My vote for your entry has been disregarded! Waaahhhhh....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2005 10:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home