.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Brisbane?

I've just found out A. and I are going to Brisbane for a couple of nights in a few weeks. I've never been to Brisbane, as my trips to Queensland have been to visit relatives on the Gold & Sunshine Coasts or for holidays in Cairns. We've been given free VIP tickets to the Rugby (Union) game up there - Canberra VS Queensland. I didn't grow up with rugby; I'm an Aussie Rules girl, but A. studied and lived in Canberra for many years and is a big fan, and I'm keen to learn! We've booked frequent flyer flights up there and found some cheap accommodation in a converted 1800s house today.
The weekend actually coincides with the vague date of our anniversary (vague because we can't quite agree on a date, or even remember when everything happened! But it will be 2 years to the week), so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on places for dinner in Brisbane. Someplace not too expensive but good food and good atmosphere. Likewise, if you have any suggestions for must see sights in Brisbane, please let me know!

2 Comments:

  • You must check out Cru. (especially if you are into wine) I hope it is as good as it was 2 years ago. Also Anise in the same area. I've no idea the name of the area because friends took us there, but it seems to be a foodie area. We're visiting GC and Brisbane again in June.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/27/2005 04:57:00 pm  

  • Thanks for the suggestions, Barbara. Both places are in the area where we're staying; in fact they're in neighbouring streets to our hotel, so I'll definitely be able to check out both in person!

    By Blogger Niki, at 4/28/2005 04:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home