.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Monday, September 26, 2005

23rd post meme - delving into the archives

Crash hot potatoes

I was tagged by Augustus Gloop at Grab Your Fork for this fun meme. I tend not to participate in many memes, as I get busy enough doing my own posts, but this one involved looking into your own archives and seeing what it throws back.
The instructions are to go into your archives, find your 23rd post, and then find the 5th sentence and post it again.

Easy. My 23rd post was from December last year for Jill Dupleix's now-legendary recipe for
Crash hot potatoes, which is quite possibly the best way to roast potatoes around. My 5th sentence, like Cathy's, is telling. It follows a sentence where I described how I substituted potato chunks for small, whole potatoes:

I encountered some difficulty when crushing them with the potato smasher as they kept getting all caught up in the prongs, and making a big mush.

This makes me laugh as it reinforces that fact that I have real troubles following a recipe to the letter. And then I wonder why things go wrong....
The idea is that you tap 5 people to follow this meme, but I would prefer to invite any of you who are interested in taking part to give it a go. It's fun to look back at your early posts. If you do participate, do leave a comment so I can take a look!

4 Comments:

  • WILLY WONKA’S GOLDEN TICKETS!


    DOMEAFAVORBUDDY-the world’s first online favors community is getting ready for launch.
    To celebrate this the team has come up with a little competition we’ve called
    WILLY WONKA’S GOLDEN TICKETS.
    We believe in the “6 degrees of separation theory”
    (Google it if you are not familiar)

    The Game

    All the employees of DMAFB have set up multiple accounts with the top 10 free email providers.

    FOR YOU THERE ARE 2 STEPS

    1. Register at http://www.domeafavorbuddy.com
    2. Pass this email along to your friends with the title
    “WILLY WONKA’S GOLDEN TICKETS”

    If the theory is correct (ie everybody is connected by at least 6 people – For you lazy people out there) one or more of our employees should receive the email eventually.

    Whoever’s name appears as the ORIGINATOR of the email and is already registered at DMAFB wins an iPOD NANO, but there must be at least six people on the email list. It’s that simple!

    *DON’T PANIC! You still are eligible for other FREE PRIZES when you register at http://www.domeafvaorbuddy.com but it interesting to see how many friends some of you have.

    *[DON’T WORRY, The friends and family of DMAFB employees are exempt from this competition]!

    There’s no such thing as a free lunch you say? Who’s talking about lunch? WE’RE GIVING AWAY FREE IPODS!

    DO US A FAVOR by translating this email into your local language and passing it along.

    http://www.DOMEAFAVORBUDDY.COM ING SOON 2005…

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/26/2005 09:34:00 pm  

  • Oh dear - it looks like you've been spammed in spite of the word verification thing. Well, that was nice while it lasted!

    Just wanted to say - I remember this! I made them and really enjoyed them. I did smash the whole potatoes, but mine weren't nearly as pretty as yours!

    By Blogger Cathy, at 9/27/2005 09:44:00 am  

  • Wonka - Get away from me! You have absolutely no chance of gaining my participation.

    Cathy - Grrrrr! I'm really quite annoyed. Anyway, yes - reading back over the post yesterday I noted you were the person who commented on it! Way back then.... I actually haven't made them since that event because I've drastically cut down on potato consumption. It's been fairly easy, but seeing photos like that really get the cravings happening agian. I can remember how good those potatoes tasted!

    By Blogger Niki, at 9/27/2005 10:09:00 am  

  • Brilliant idea, simple but effective.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2005 05:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home