.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Monday, June 06, 2005

Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins



Making these was part of a late Saturday night, at-home, slightly-bored, but not-energetic-enough-to-go-out-and-do-anything entertainment for me, while watching TV. Every month the church where I sing has a market stall, for which they encourage us to bring along goods to sell. I'm already bringing some of my plum jams I made in the summer, but chose to make a few extra goodies to raise some much-needed funds.
Because it was late and I was too lazy to go out, I relied on things already in the pantry. Namely two jars of nearly finished peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter (fabulous stuff!). I had choc chips, so decided to do a little peanut butter choc chip muffin creation. And I think it worked extremely well. They weren't as popular as the other little cakes I made (post later), but those who love peanut butter, and fairly dense, cakey muffins enjoyed these. I even heard one old lady describe them as "scrumptious"!
Read on for the recipe:


Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins
Based on Nigella's Snickers and Peanut Butter Muffins

250g flour
85g sugar
1 1/2 tbls baking powder
pinch salt
~1/4 - 1/3 cup peanut butter
60g butter, melted
1 egg
175ml milk
150g chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 200C.
Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the peanut butter and mix until you have a bowl of coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter and egg to the milk, then stir this gently into the bowl. Mix in the choc chips and spoon into muffin cases.
Cook for 20-25 minutes. Tops should be golden and firm. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
Makes 12.

9 Comments:

  • Oh, Niki...I'm drooling! Just my kind of muffin.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 6/06/2005 03:42:00 pm  

  • Yes, they look and sound yummy, don'y they? I've only had a little taste so far (that carbohydrate thing), but the taste was pretty darn good. I'll get a full report from A. who's packed two to snack on before a rehearsal tonight.

    By Blogger Niki, at 6/06/2005 03:49:00 pm  

  • Uh they look nice! I've tried the Snickers and PB version, that was lovely and I'm not even that fond of Snickers! But with real chocolate, now we're talking...

    By Blogger Cerebrum, at 6/06/2005 05:01:00 pm  

  • Those do sound too tempting to resist. Ive only recently started reading your blog and am happy to see that your recipes never disappoint!

    By Blogger Michèle, at 6/06/2005 11:37:00 pm  

  • What's with all the peanut butter and chocolate muffins and cupcakes? Between you and Stephanie, I feel like I'm missing something! :)

    By Blogger Cate, at 6/06/2005 11:38:00 pm  

  • mmmm, looks like they have a wonderful crunchy top. Can't beat peanut butter and chocolate either! Don't think I've ever seen chocolate peanut butter, but maybe that's just as well...

    By Blogger Cathy, at 6/07/2005 08:40:00 am  

  • Zarah Maria - I've been wanting to try the snickers version for ages, but can never justify buying 3 snickers bars!

    Michele - Wow! Never disappoint? What a compliment. Thank you!

    Sweetnicks - It's a bit odd, isn't it. I swear we didn't collaborate beforehand! But I have to say Stephanie's look SO decadent compared to these!

    Cathy - Yep, crunchy top. Mmmm. I always thought chocolate peanut butter was an American thing we had recently introduced. It's made by Kraft and I love it. I don't like plain peanut butter, but this stuff is great. Sadly, I don't think it's selling too well in Aust and might be withdrawn soon. Whenever we see it it's drastically reduced for quick sale. :-(

    AG - I've never tried a choc peanut butter Oreo! That sounds like something I need to address

    By Blogger Niki, at 6/08/2005 02:47:00 pm  

  • Here's how to make delicious chocolate covered strawberries. First of all ensure that the strawberries you are intending to use are dry, then allow them to be room temperature warm prior to making them. After the strawberries have been covered in chocolate, put them in your refrigerator to cool, but do not store them in the fridge. Consume within 1-2 days.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2007 07:05:00 am  

  • nice post!

    By Anonymous World of Warcraft Gold Guides, at 5/07/2009 09:00:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home