.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Monday, June 06, 2005

Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins



Making these was part of a late Saturday night, at-home, slightly-bored, but not-energetic-enough-to-go-out-and-do-anything entertainment for me, while watching TV. Every month the church where I sing has a market stall, for which they encourage us to bring along goods to sell. I'm already bringing some of my plum jams I made in the summer, but chose to make a few extra goodies to raise some much-needed funds.
Because it was late and I was too lazy to go out, I relied on things already in the pantry. Namely two jars of nearly finished peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter (fabulous stuff!). I had choc chips, so decided to do a little peanut butter choc chip muffin creation. And I think it worked extremely well. They weren't as popular as the other little cakes I made (post later), but those who love peanut butter, and fairly dense, cakey muffins enjoyed these. I even heard one old lady describe them as "scrumptious"!
Read on for the recipe:


Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins
Based on Nigella's Snickers and Peanut Butter Muffins

250g flour
85g sugar
1 1/2 tbls baking powder
pinch salt
~1/4 - 1/3 cup peanut butter
60g butter, melted
1 egg
175ml milk
150g chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 200C.
Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the peanut butter and mix until you have a bowl of coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter and egg to the milk, then stir this gently into the bowl. Mix in the choc chips and spoon into muffin cases.
Cook for 20-25 minutes. Tops should be golden and firm. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
Makes 12.

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home