.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Easy dinner: creamy lentils with sumac lamb chops



Inspired by a recent post by Kitchen Hand, I took a walk down the street to buy some babaganoush to make his fast meal of creamy lentils with sumac grilled chicken breasts. I loved the idea, and felt like slapping myself around the head for not thinking of it earlier, but after coming home I discovered the chicken breasts I thought were in the freezer were no longer. Bugger! I didn't want to go out again, so the choice was between some frozen flathead fillets or some little lamb chops; the yummy ones with the tail. My decision was easy; cold night...hungry....lamb chops.
The lentils are so easy to make; just boil up a can of lentils in its juice then drain and add 2 tablespoons of babaganoush (smoky eggplant and tahini dip) and some lemon juice until thickened. I added a generous handful of fresh parsley and coriander toward the end. On top of this I had two pan-grilled lamb chops sprinkled with sumac and garlic. I had some leftover roast pumpkin and lettuce, so I had a fully balanced meal. :-)
This was so tasty that I went out today and bought another few cans of lentil to keep for when I want I want to make it again, which will be pretty soon I imagine. Next time I'll try it with chicken breasts, but it was pretty darn good with lamb!
Thanks Kitchen Hand for such a quick and tasty idea.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home