.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Friday, November 26, 2004

Mango Lassi/Smoothie


It was hot today. Too darn hot - 36 degrees... This is typical for Melbourne... only 2 days ago I was wearing polar fleece and a woolly scarf and today I was traipsing around the city longing to be back home by the swimming pool with a long, cool drink.
Coming home, I was too hot to feel hungry and nearly ignored the fresh mango sitting on the bench, but pretty quickly came to my senses. I have a huge carton of fresh yoghurt also sitting pretty in the fridge and a bunch of fresh mint, so I knew then what I had to make.

I don't know if this can really be called a lassi, as those I've ordered in Indian restaurants are much creamier and sweeter, so perhaps this is just a mango smoothie. Whatever it is, it's yummy, and it's hitting the spot right now.

My Mango Smlassi (!)

1/2 ripe mango
handful fresh mint
crushed ice cubes
~1/2 cup yoghurt
squirt of honey

Cobine all ingredients in a blender. Enjoy watching it all mix together.
Find the perfect size glass (I was lucky!).



2 Comments:

  • Okay, we HAVE to make that sometime! It looks AWESOME!

    (Oh by the way, I have some really stale Sultana Bran at home. Any idea if it can be turned into something else, oh chef-like one?)

    - Kita :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/26/2004 10:56:00 pm  

  • Bo-hoo! I want one too! And the heat! It's raining and COLD in Denmark... Love the "smlassi"!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/28/2004 12:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home