.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Passionfruit banana cupcakes




This recipe is nothing more than another version of the banana, cranberry and white chocolate cupcakes in Domestic Goddess which I've already played with before. This time I had two rapidly blackening bananas and a bag of passionfruit bought, but unused, for Christmas. And I had time on my hands, being on a permanent summer holiday at the moment...
This recipe is just so easy that you can decide to make cupcakes and have them in the oven about 15 minutes later. They're a good, little basic staple cake - perfect for church fetes, bake sales or to add to people's lunches for a morning tea treat. I'm thinking of adding some lemon icing to the top and selling them at our monthly market stall at church.
Despite their fairly austere simplicity, I decided to have some fun with the photo and, I have to say, I'm very pleased with the result!

Passionfruit banana cupcakes

125g butter
200g caster sugar
4 tablespoons of cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
300g plain flour
2 ripe bananas
4 passionfruit - (flesh only! pips are ok in my book)

-Preheat the oven to 180C
-Melt the butter in a saucepan, then, off the heat, add the sugar and soft bananas, mashing them with a fork in the pan. Stir in the milk, passionfruit and the eggs and - still using your fork, or wooden spoon - beat to mix.
-Add the bicarb and baking powder, and stir in well, then finally stir in the flour.
-When the mixture's just blended pour into muffin tins
-Cook for ~20 minutes, or until you stick in a skewer and decide they're ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home