.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Monday, July 04, 2005

Lamb Perfection!



I know, I seem to be in a lamb fixation right now, but I couldn't not take a photo of what I consider to be the finest piece of lamb I have ever cooked acidentally. This is the other 3 cutlet portion of the lamb rack I made with Stephanie's excellent mustard marinade.
I threw this in the oven as I was writing the Utensibility meme below, and forgot to take notice of the time. I then forgot about the time and rushed back in to the kitchen because of the meaty smell wafting through the house. The mustard crust was dark and dry and I assumed I've totally overcooked the meat. Bah - there's nothing worse than well-done lamb.
But then, cutting into the first chop. Whoa! Incredible! It looked like lamb you see in fancy recipe books!
Extremely happy with this one. Only wish I could replicate it. I have no idea how long I cooked it!

9 Comments:

  • Yummy yummy in my tummy now!

    By Blogger Niki, at 7/04/2005 05:14:00 pm  

  • lordy lord, niki that looks so good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/04/2005 11:07:00 pm  

  • Great photo, Niki. If it tasted even half as good as it looks... yum!
    By the way, I added an index to my site today. I needed that push. Thanks.

    By Blogger Nic, at 7/05/2005 09:33:00 am  

  • Gwenda - thanks! And all created by accident!

    Nic - thank you. It tasted excellent. And I've checked out your index. Extremely impressive!

    By Blogger Niki, at 7/05/2005 10:03:00 am  

  • That looks divine I am torn between making this for dinner this evening or a comforting seafood chowder - which I am still seeking a good recipe for.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 7/09/2005 08:33:00 am  

  • Niki, That looks sensational! I once made a mac and cheese that I still consider one of my best creations ever. Problem is, I had thrown in a whole bunch of leftover cheese and kind of made up all the proportions. NO idea what I did that time. If only I could replicate it...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/09/2005 11:54:00 pm  

  • Lushlife - I would love a good seafood chowder. It's perfect weather for it down here right now. 13 degrees and raining outside, :-(

    Caryn - It's amazing, isn't it how the best things are so often those done my accident! So annoying, too!

    By Blogger Niki, at 7/14/2005 02:13:00 pm  

  • that picture. oof. I have just died and gone to heaven.

    By Blogger Sam, at 7/16/2005 09:34:00 am  

  • Youch, that and two eggs would do me FINE for breakfast right now, fanks a lot!

    By Blogger Guy, at 7/29/2005 02:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home