.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kit Kat Caffe Latte


See the first in the Japanese Kit Kat series here: Strawberry

So, here's the second in the Japanese weird flavoured Kit Kat series. Caffe Latte flavour. Mmmmm.....caffe latte. I thought this was really exciting, but I've since been told that we have a Cappucino flavour here in Australia, so I was a bit deflated. I haven't tried it and don't know if it tastes the same though.
This also has a white chocolate coating with a pleasant milky coffee colour, but it's quite a different kettle of fish from the strawberry white chocolate of yesterday. When we were in Japan my friend and I fell in love with the hot cans of caffe latte sold in streetside vending machines. They were the perfect thing to have on a cold, cold day when walking around doing the tourist thing. Plus they made your hands nice and warm! They were pretty sweet, and reminded us of those big, milky, extra-sweet mugs of instant coffee from our teenage years. This Kit Kat smelled just like one of those cans of vending machine coffee. This is a good thing!

The aroma is definitely strong, as is the taste. It has quite a strong coffee flavour, which I loved, but it put off my friend who thought it was a bit too much in a chocolate bar. He preferred the more subtle flavours of some of the other varieties we sampled. I thought he was mad. This stuff is gooood, and if we can get it here in Oz as cappucino flavour, I would recommend it. I'd have to try it first though....
My score: 8 out of 10
Mad friend's score: 6 out of 10


2 Comments:

  • I am just curious as I see all these funky kit-kats drifting through my feed reader - are you eating all of these???

    By Blogger Sam, at 1/25/2006 02:04:00 am  

  • It looks like it may have been released after you left, but now there is also Cherry Blossom flavoured KitKat!
    Just saw it on http://www.wordpress.tokyotimes.org/?p=748

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/25/2006 04:28:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home