.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Caramel cupcakes



These recipe for these yummy little cupcakes was requested from Chika of She Who Eats. They looked and sounded so wonderful in her entries, and the method of making the caramel sounded so much fun that today, the day after I finished all my coursework for my postgraduate course, I decided to have a baking afternoon.
As per her suggestion, I added some fleur de sel to some of the cupcakes, as I really did like the sound of bitter caramel with a hint of salt. It worked very well. The other cakes had shredded coconut, from an Asian grocery store added to them. They'll be going to a friend's 40th birthday party on Saturday night.
Apparently they improve in flavour and texture after a few days, so by then they'll be even better, although that's hard to imagine!

Caramel cupcake


2 Comments:

  • Hi Esurient,
    Those cupcakes looks scrumptious and I imagine the ones with coconuts would taste good, too...

    By Blogger chika, at 11/15/2004 08:50:00 pm  

  • Thank you Chika.
    Yes, they were lovely. It's a wonderful recipe - especially in the version where the salt flakes are added.
    I didn't mention that I substituted half the flour with ground almonds, which made a lovely texture.
    The coconut ones I'm still enjoying now!

    By Blogger Niki, at 11/16/2004 05:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home