.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Esurientes - The Comfort Zone

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Kit Kat Wine


See others in the funny Japanese Kit Kat series here: Strawberry, Caffe Latte, Noir, Blackcurrant, Maple Syrup.

Quote: "This would have been better if it actually tasted like wine". Instead of, well, nothing much. This is another from the Kit Kat Chocolater series, allegedly created by Takagi-san, Patissiere to the stars (and the Nestle factory). I was very excited when I saw this flavour. Wow - wine flavoured Kit Kats, how totally bizarre is that?

I assume the pink coloured white chocolate is to suggest the red wine relationship. Everybody who has tried these has been underwhelmed: "Doesn't taste anything like wine!" "Tastes like strawberry" (??), "Tastes like nothing!"
I tend to agree, but I can discern an alcoholic flavour, especially in the aftertaste. A kind of mouth-filling sensation. Doesn't actually taste of anything, but there's an alcoholic feeling about it. Would be an interesting alternative to an After Dinner Mint, I guess. Although a pretty p*ss poor alternative, in my eyes, I have to say!
However, this morning I woke up and decided to enjoy the waking-up experience by waking up to a wine-flavoured Kit Kat. These are tiny little things, so don't get in a flap about my breakfast habits (although I did eat a slice of cold pizza for breakfast this week. In the car. Running late. On the way to work. Tasted great!). So, tasting these as your first food flavour of the day? Really winey! Really alcoholic. Not in a gross, waking-up-to-a-glass-of-bourbon experience, but fairly strong. If you're going to wake up to a Kit Kat, there are gentler ways to do it.
So, I have about 40 of these things, and have no real inclination to eat them. Guess I'll be throwing them from the top of the library to the 1st year enrolling students.....

My score: 5 out of 10
Friends score: 5 out of 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home